Project Overview and Background
Creaturae is a fictitious non-profit organization. The mission of this organization is to inspire an appreciation for Creation. It is a call to honor the Creator, enjoy the gift of life, and care for all things created. The Lignum Vitae, or Tree of Life, is the symbol chosen to represent the endeavor’s heart and long-term purpose.
The Tree of Life iconography reflects a series of historically-rich visual treatments commissioned to fulfill various objectives and strategies. The tree of life is a familiar archetype in many of the world’s mythologies, religious and philosophical traditions. Most frequently, it is associated with immortality and healing. The Creaturae brand sets out to re-establish relevance for today’s audience. Aligning with the brand means you take responsibility for caring for the natural world and reaching out to those deprived of its benefits.
Target Audience Review
Creaturae exists where respect for the outdoors and love for one’s neighbor intersects. It expresses the bond felt by those who believe in faith for an abundant life and a healthy, vibrant future. Our target embraces science and religion and believes that the two are not mutually exclusive. To align with Creaturae, one recognizes that enjoying the outdoors and its benefits is not just a luxury to be enjoyed by the entitled. This group believes that faith can inspire a better future. They hold hope that humankind will unite for the common good, justice, and sound environmental practices, enjoying the satisfaction of being a part of something bigger than themselves.
Product Design Strategy
• Develop design concepts that are unique and communicate superior quality.
• Ensure products are expressive and differentiated from competitors.
• Create multi-level symbolism that unifies a broad audience.
• Develop future-forward imagery that speaks to cultural and historical significance.
• To modernize age-old principles, to make universal truths relevant for a modern audience.
• Build in flexibility to reflect the diversity of the audience.
• Develop concepts that allow for entry at multiple levels.
The Lignum Vitae, or Tree of Life, is a familiar archetype in many of the world’s mythologies, religious and philosophical traditions. A modernized representation becomes part of an expressive brand identity for a fictitious non-profit organization.